Applications to sit the September 2023 IBCLC examination are now open!
Please visit IBLCE’s Examination Resource Centre regularly for 2023 IBCLC examination administration updates.
To apply for the IBCLC examination, please go to the online credential management system.
If you already have an account, please start by resetting your password. Your username is the email address associated with your IBLCE account. If your email address has changed, please do not create a new account; you may contact your regional location for assistance.
Please see below for video guides in English on navigating the credential management system. Please see the Spanish and German pages for guides on accessing the system in those languages.
- How to create an IBLCE account
- How to reset your IBLCE password
- How to apply for the IBCLC certification
Application Quick Tips
- To select your birth date when creating a profile, click in the field to open a pop-up calendar. Click on the current month and year and then on the year. Click on the left arrow until you find your birth year. Then, select the appropriate month to find your date of birth.
- To submit a Pathway 3 Plan verification, use the “Begin” link in your account to locate the mentorship option. Click “Save to my Home,” then “Apply Here.”
- To submit an examination application, use the “Begin” link in your account. See the Pathway 1 or 2 video guides for an example.
- Make sure your email address is accurate. If your application entails further review, staff may send secure messages via your account and you will receive email notifications of these.
- If you are in Inactive Status, please find the reinstatement applications in your account.
- To Reinstate by Examination: Find the application in your account.
- To Reinstate by CERPs: Start by clicking the CERPs link in your account after completing the CE Self-Assessment.
If you need additional assistance with the application process, please see the FAQs listed below, or contact your regional location.
Please note: candidates will be asked to agree to Test Centre Regulations upon arrival to their examination appointment. If a candidate does not comply with these regulations, then they may be dismissed from the examination with forfeiture of the examination fees paid, including invalidation of the test score and/or pursuit of civil or criminal charges.
For more information, please reference:
- Candidate Information Guide* for detailed information about the initial certification process and requirements
- *Please read in conjunction with the June 2022 Updated Interim Guidance on the Use of Technology to Meet Pathways 1, 2, and 3 Clinical Practice Requirements (Reissued on June 30, 2022).
- IBCLC Examination FAQs
- IBCLC Examination Resource Centre