Complete 14 health science subjects in one of the following ways before you apply for the exam:
- Be educated in one of the clinical healthcare professions on the Recognised Health Professions List (listed below) OR provide evidence from a governmental authority that recognises your profession as a clinical health profession.
- Occupational Therapist
- Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist
- Physician or Medical Doctor
- Speech Pathologist or Therapist
- Complete education in the 14 health science subjects described in the Health Science Education Guide. The Health Sciences Summary is provided to assist you with this requirement.
NOTE: The IBCLC Commission doesn’t offer, approve, recommend or endorse any particular higher education institution or education provider of the Health Sciences Education courses.