IBLCE® is pleased to relaunch the IBCLC Practice Examination. Originally launched in 2015, this online practice examination will allow test-takers an opportunity to experience the look and format of an IBCLC certification examination, as well as the opportunity to experience a timed, computer-based test.
The practice examination consists of 100 (items) questions that align with the IBCLC Detailed Content Outline. All items on the practice examination are multiple choice questions and include the three types used on the IBCLC certification examination:
- text-only items,
- questions with an associated image or graphic, and
- items that require the test-taker to utilise a case study, or written record of a lactation consultation.
Test-takers will receive a report at the conclusion of the practice examination that will show the number of correctly and incorrectly answered items, broken down by domains in the Detailed Content Outline. You will be able to use the Detailed Content Outline to evaluate your results and determine in which areas you may wish to devote to additional study. As is usual practice for certification boards, IBLCE does not make the items or answers available to test-takers following completion of the practice examination. Such requests for access to the practice examination items and answers will be denied.
Access to the practice examination will be through our testing partner, and payment of the practice examination fee ($50 USD) must be made online via PayPal or credit card. The practice examination is available in English only. Test-takers may take the examination as often as they wish. Each re-take requires payment of the practice examination fee.
The IBCLC Practice Examination is optional, is not required to apply for or obtain certification as an IBCLC and is not the only or preferred route to certification. It is not the best or only means for preparing adequately for the examination. Taking the practice exam also does not guarantee a passing score, certification, or any other particular result. Candidates should adopt a comprehensive study plan based on the established criteria and body of knowledge; candidates are fully responsible for their own preparation, course of study, professional services, examination, and meeting recertification requirements.
Instructions for Accessing the IBCLC Practice Examination:
- Click here to visit the exam landing page for our testing partner, Zoomorphix.
- Follow the instructions to select and pay for the IBCLC Practice Examination using PayPal or credit card. You will be asked for an email address to set up an account. Please note that you will need to use the email address associated with your PayPal account if paying by PayPal. If you have used the Zoomorphix system in the past, you may already have an account and will be asked to log in.
- Once your transaction is completed, you will receive one or two emails from firstname.lastname@example.org. One email contains a link to start the exam. The other email contains instructions to complete the registration on the Zoomorphix site (including establishing a password). Please note that this account is separate from your IBLCE account and is only used for purposes of the IBCLC Practice Examination.
If you have used the Zoomorphix system in the past, you may not receive this second email.
- When you click through the link in the email and log in, you will be taken to the Zoomorphix landing page. You may begin the exam by clicking the link on the left-hand side of the screen.
Zoomorphix no longer supports using Microsoft Explorer to launch this practice examination. Doing so may cause this practice examination to not load correctly. Please use a different browser for the best experience.